RN PATIENT CARE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
RN PATIENT CARE
Send This Job to a Friend
Med Surg 4A
Full time 72 (Two week Payperiod)
Pay Grade 080 (Minimum hourly rate $29.60/hr)
Contact: Alana King
4A is a well established team of RNs and ancillary staff, practicing on the 4th floor at Bayhealth Medical Center, Kent Campus. Our unit is comprised of 28 private rooms, boasting large exterior windows allowing the sunshine in, and a sofa/bed in every room.
For safety, rooms are equipped with over the bed ceiling lifts. To provide the best patient care, our nursing staff are driven to possess Bachelor’s degrees or higher, and to achieve certification. Our unit serves both Med-Surg and IMC level patient’s (Acuity Adaptable), helping eliminate the need to frequently transfer patients in and out. For our oncology population, we offer inpatient chemotherapy nursing services. In keeping with our Planetree philosophy of care, our setting offers an EPIC electronic health record, bedside charting, and bedside shift report. Our unit is comprised of two separate wings, 4 East and 4 West, which combine to make the 4A team. Our team has an active nurse led Shared Governance, staff involved scheduling, and active unit workgroups to get involved with. New staff joining our team are supported by skilled Clinical Coordinators, an Onboarding Specialist, knowledgeable and skilled preceptors, a well-designed orientation process, and clear objectives. A Nurse Residency is also in place to support our new graduates to learn and excel.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients within an assigned unit with a commitment to quality and safety. Professional nursing practices, requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill are performed using the process in accordance with hospital policy, procedures and nursing philosophy.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
1) Demonstrates the ability to identify and perform patient centric care
2) Ability to develop a plan of care that prescribes specific interventions to achieve optimal outcomes
3) Must demonstrate quality, safe and effective care for all patients
4) Must be able to participate in decision making and take actions based on ethical principles
5) Must be able to utilize electronic medical record to enter, collect and analyze data to improve the health status of those patients that require care
6) Ability to understand and execute performance improvement measures
7) Demonstrates nursing standards with a standard of values of compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and teamwork
8) All other duties as assigned within the scope and range of job responsibilities
Must have an Associate Degree /Graduate of an accredited nursing program/university
Must commit to a BSN within timeframe as indicated upon interview; BSN preferred.
Computer literacy with experience in electronic documentation experience: EPIC Health Electronic Records (HER) documentation preferred.
Current DE RN licensure or eligibility to obtain prior to job offer, BLS required.
ACLS / PALS may be required per manager’s direction and timeframe.
Commit to seeking specialty certification within time frame as indicated during interview.