External Reporting Senior Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
External Reporting Senior Associate
Chemours is seeking an External Reporting Senior Associate to join our growing Finance team! This position will report directly to the External Reporting Team Leader in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in preparing documents filed with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other documents, as necessary;
- Assist in filing SEC documents through the ActiveDisclosure software program, including the review of XBRL tagging;
- Provide support and quality control reviews for other management analyses and presentations, including investor relations materials, audit committee presentations, consolidations packages, and other materials, as necessary;
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, analyses, and footnote disclosures related to various accounting areas as assigned;
- Assist in preparing and documenting all SOX controls related to external reporting and other assigned areas;
- Perform technical accounting research, as necessary;
- Support corporate transactions, as necessary; and
- Interact with a cross-functional team that includes controllership, tax, investor relations, treasury, legal, financial planning and analysis, human resources, internal and external audit, and others, as necessary.
In order to be qualified for this role, you //must possess// the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- An active Certified Public Accountant license;
- 2 to 4 years’ experience with a Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm, or industry experience in an SEC reporting role;
- A strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well in teams and interact at all levels of the organization; and
- Self-directed and accountable, with strong oral communication, written communication, and analytical skills.
- A working knowledge of ActiveDisclosure, HFM, and/or SAP is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits packages
- 401(k) match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Strong inclusion & diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a //“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”// for 2018-2019 and a //“2018 Top Workplace”// by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
//Chemours is an equal opportunity employer//
//Chemours is an E-Verify employer//
//Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation//
//Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position//