Mechanical Engineer - Jr Level
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19702
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is actively seeking a creative, Mechanical Engineer with 1 – 3 years of experience for immediate employment. The qualified applicant will possess a basic understanding of mechanical design specific to design and construction documentation for mechanical systems in new and existing buildings. In addition, the successful candidate must possess the skills required to successfully handle multiple simultaneous complex tasks, execute project tasks, have a strong work ethic and drive to deliver for customers, and be a collaborative team player. This person will work closely with senior-level mechanical engineering staff and assist in the development of design documents including engineering reports, calculations and analysis, drawings, specifications, and engineer’s opinion of probable construction costs. This person will be expected to execute work on one or more projects simultaneously as delegated by the Project Leads. Project work may include all levels of design such as feasibility studies, conceptual and schematic design, as well as construction documentation and construction administration. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process projects including both existing building improvements and new construction.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performing complex building mechanical design on a variety of projects at the direction of the Lead Mechanical Engineer. Typical projects include:
- Government Facilities including schools, prisons, etc.
- Military single and multi-story office buildings, residences, barracks, aircraft hangars, vehicle maintenance garages and shops.
- Commercial single and multi-story office buildings, laboratories, manufacturing, testing and computing facilities.
- Municipal and Industrial Water and Wastewater treatment facilities including administrative, laboratory, treatment and ancillary facilities.
- We welcome experiences in building types outside of these categories as they bring new insight to our team.
- Government Facilities including schools, prisons, etc.
- Perform HVAC load calculations, energy models, life cycle cost analysis and ventilation calculations in conformance with applicable codes and energy efficiency standards.
- Complete energy simulations for buildings both in the conceptual and final phases for system selection analysis as well as LEED/EPAct proof of compliance desired but not required.
- Develop specifications using MasterSpec and/or SpecsIntact.
- Sizing equipment and developing layouts for airside and hydronic systems.
- Coordinating with other disciplines as well as other internal and external team members (e.g. vendors, clients, and contractors).
- Prepare construction documents including drafting utilizing REVIT.
- Prepare design of control systems including protocols and interfaces and apply concepts to construction documents.
- Develop Engineers Opinion of Probable Construction Cost utilizing RS Means
- Performing construction assistance in the form of responding to contractor RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and performing construction site field observations reports and preparing punch lists during various stages of construction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Hold an EIT license or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- REVIT / AutoCAD / BIM experience desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite MEP industry experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Building Codes, ASHRAE, and UFC’s desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude with all colleagues and clients.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and computer skills required.
- Ability to travel as required for client development and project execution.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO