Clinical Director | Home Healthcare
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Christiana Care VNA is the largest accredited home-health agency in Delaware. We are committed to helping Delawareans live independently, manage chronic diseases, understand and manage their medications and obtain home health care that is affordable and of the highest quality.
Christiana Care VNA is hiring a full time Director of Clinical Services to work out of our New Castle, DE office.
As a Director of Clinical Nursing Services you will provide oversight to the nursing managers within the branch. This position serves as the primary linkage of home care clinical program development within the health system. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of the VNA.
You will provide:
- clinical support and consultation to nursing managers related to clinical issues.
- develop and implement strategies to improve clinical outcomes and patient experience.
- implement approaches that will enhance patient activation and engagement and develop managers and staff to consistently utilize these techniques in care delivery.
- work with the Department of Quality and Education to develop supervisors and staff to gain greater expertise in home care science delivery.
- develop best practice care for home care services that align with care across the health system.
- represent VNA in clinical program design as needed.
- collaborate with clinical leadership in other branch locations to ensure care approach is consistent throughout agency.
- evaluate clinical component of performance of Nursing Managers.
- work with managers to develop strategies to recruit and retain nursing staff.
- perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; report to supervisor in a timely manner any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s Degree required; BS or Masters must be in Nursing.
- 3 years management or leadership experience.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.