Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R74705
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
The Consumer Bank Marketing Technology (MarTech) team is seeking a Senior Manager to lead the Marketing Experience and SEO team. As the team lead, this person will be responsible for how consumers see, navigate and interact with the Bank’s Digital Presence (web, mobile) in a measurable way. As a primary focus the person will help create strategies to increase interaction and conversion with bank products and features. They will oversee two workstreams, Web Experience and SEO. The Web Experience workstream leverages a mix of homegrown site platform and third party content management, digital asset management and analytics tools. The SEO workstream is comprised of three tracks of work: acquisitions and organic SEO, local SEO and content marketing. It will be integral to the success of the job to work with key partners in marketing, across the enterprise and with technology to lead decisions and work streams. He or she should thrive in creative, fast-paced, and data-driven environments. This role will report to the Marketing Technology’s Director of Automation and Experience.
About the Role:
- Provide tactical and strategic leadership to the Web Experience and Content, SEO and Web personalization functions
- Apply user experience best practices and latest innovations to guide continuous improvement to the Bank website.
- Guide with best practices and innovative ideas on SEO/content marketing to improve findability of Bank content
- Represent the Bank in the migration to centralized Content and Digital solution
- Closely work with enterprise and technology partners to bring to life new initiatives in a win-win fashion
- Work with marketing partners to drive strategy of new campaigns and the role the web plays in them
- Be an exceptional people manager
- Leverage the power of data and analytics to increase the engagement with the Site
- Be able to forecast deposit growth from Web and SEO, and implement measures to hit growth targets
- Manage relationships with external partners that are leveraged in these workstreams
- Capital One is a mission-driven company that provides purpose for all Associates outside of day-to-day work
- Being a part of the local community is highly encouraged and supported at Capital One; ranging from pro bono digital marketing work for non-profits to participating in team building exercises near office locations
- Ongoing learning is fostered to remain on top of current industry trends (conferences, classes, external guest speakers)
- At least 10 years of marketing or digital experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, computer science or a related field or Military experience
- Strong Experience as a business champion for Site Management platforms and/or Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Proven experience in a Business role managing web properties for medium to large scale organizations and proven experience in increasing engagement/conversion
- Familiar with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, Data Studio, and Google Tag Manager
- Familiar with web test/learn, optimization tools and methodologies
- Ability to roadmap and execute on a path to a personalized site experience
- Familiarity with agile methodology a plus
- Strong written communication skills and public speaking; able to share work confidently
- Organized and effective time management
- High energy, fail-fast / learn-fast, curious, collaborative, creative
- Proven experience in leading teams of people
- Ability to lead while under pressure, as well as being highly responsive to business needs
- Excellent web/digital media knowledge, strategic thinking ability and grasp of project management fundamentals
- Ideal candidate will have retail industry or financial services industry experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.