Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
To operate, maintain, and repair all heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment at the Wilmington and Christiana Hospitals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates, maintains, and repairs all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment which includes steam and hot water heating systems, chilled water and direct expansion cooling systems.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs ice machines, packaged refrigerators/freezers, walk-in refrigerators/freezers and other cooling and refrigeration equipment.
- Operates and maintains pneumatic/electronic temperature/humidity control systems which include thermostats, valves, dampers, transmitters, controllers, switches, and sensors.
- Operates and maintains chillers for comfort or process cooling systems which include the associated cooling towers.
- Answers complaints about equipment operation, temperature, and/or humidity in all areas of the hospital and responds to emergency situations such as power failures and fire alarms to restore equipment.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining clean and safe work areas at all times.
- Assists in the training of HVAC apprentice mechanics and helps evaluate performance.
- Follows all applicable safety procedures in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices.
- Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of four years apprenticeship training.
- Four years HVAC experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Journeymen certification as an HVAC Mechanic
- Must maintain EPA certification for working with CFC, HCFC, HFC Refrigerants Level I (small appliances, 5 pounds refrigerant or less) and Level II (High Pressure and very high pressure appliances) under Section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.