Manager of Business Development - Healthcare
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking a Manager of Business Development reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer. Residing in an office where the firm has a substantial presence, the Manager of Business Development is responsible for assisting in the development, execution and advancement of our most critical client-centric business development strategies.
Working closely with all levels of staff and lawyers at the firm, including Strategy, Marketing, Finance, Competitive Intelligence staff, Industry Specialists, and Practice Group Leaders, the Manager will be responsible for developing and executing on business development plans consistent with the firm’s strategies for the Healthcare Industry Group and the Colleges & Universities Initiative. The Manager will also be responsible for identifying client targets, developing a client-specific business development plan around those targets, and assisting with the implementation of those plans so that they are completed on time and on target, and tracking project progress. The Manager will be charged with interpreting financial analysis and competitive intelligence to identify client development opportunities, in addition to supporting various cross-practice and client initiatives. The ideal candidate will bring experience, exceptional organizational skills, and a blend of project leadership, business analysis, executive communication, process management, and people development. Although not required, knowledge and experience in the Healthcare industry is a bonus. This is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in the business development planning for an AmLaw Top 10 firm.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Contribute to the identification, prioritization, development and implementation of client development targets and related business development plans.
- Effectively organize information, gather resources and manage multiple projects.
- Generate high quality work products in multiple formats (e.g., presentation slides, Excel project plan, Word documents).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to accomplish multiple assignments and deliverables on an ongoing basis under very tight deadlines.
- Support the full lifecycle of projects from inception to completion.
- Create and maintain tracking and reporting tools as necessary (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, and reports).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Law firm, professional services firm, or related Healthcare industry experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape challenging major global law firms is desired
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing mid to large-scale projects.
- Experience in corporate strategic planning, business development, management consulting, finance or related fields.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement strategic business plans.
- Experience excelling in highly matrixed work environment with ability to work across multiple business units and functional teams.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills; Strong communication and presentation skills required.
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance competing demands.
- Superior reasoning skills and sound business judgment to influence decision-making and effectively interface with executive management.
- Innovative, highly motivated and self-directed.
- Flexibility for travel when needed.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions – 1-866-963-7137 /
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions -
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.