Behavioral Health Consultant - Substance Abuse Pro
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
Christiana Care Health System is seeking a Full Time Behavioral Health Consultant to provide comprehensive care and case management for the outpatient behavioral health and substance abuse programs. They will function as a member of the clinical team through collaboration, assessment, education, individual therapy, group therapy and referrals to appropriate treatment. The Behavioral Health Consultant will provide care coordination in the outpatient setting, employ clinical assessment skills, and assist high risk populations in managing psycho-social determinants of health that negatively impact their social, emotional and physical well-being.
Must be able to work some evenings. The position will start out in Wilmington however; it will be based in the Concord, PA Health Office
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide psychological care appropriate for the behavioral health and substance abuse populations. This requires the ability to conduct assessments, obtain and interpret information, to identify age and culturally-specific patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
- Gathers and assesses information regarding the patient’s physical needs, insurance coverage, mental status, family support system, financial resources, and available community and governmental resources. Employs assessment to develop a comprehensive care management plan that will address the needs identified.
- Work with the patient, family, staff, physicians, and other members of the health care team to provide care coordination.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide highly-skilled behavioral health consultation to the clinical team.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team and community partners as appropriate.
- Develops group support and therapy activity as appropriate for outpatient behavioral health and substance abuse programs, and as needed within the Christiana Care Health System.
- Completes mandatory CCHS education and maintain licensure in area of specialty.
- Demonstrates responsibility in maintaining established productivity levels.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient’s rights and maintains confidentiality of departmental and patient information.
- Actively involved in identifying opportunities and implementing strategies to improve performance that impact the patient population.
- Identifies service gaps pertaining to patients’ psychosocial needs and plans programs that address the psychosocial needs of patients.
- Develops and provides patient education as appropriate.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with mental health/substance use/disorder treatment providers to maintain current knowledge of community resources. Meets with providers as needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW
- One to five years of experience providing direct therapeutic care to behavioral health and substance using populations.
- Psychiatric Emergency Assistance Training (PEAT) within twelve (12) months in position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of behavioral health principles including assessment, treatment, diagnosis, consultation and terminology
- Knowledge and ability to conduct brief consultative and formal therapies
- Ability to utilize effective listening skills and remain empathetic and developing strong working alliances
- Ability to procure, clarify, and interpret information on verbal and non-verbal levels
- Ability to effectively diffuse conflict and crisis
- Ability to work comfortably in groups and milieu.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate a positive, caring, and supportive atmosphere for positive change in all patients.
- Ability to set patient goals
- Ability to address and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments
- Skill in written and oral communication
- Knowledge of patients’ rights, ethics, and legal issues
- Ability to maintain flexibility and emotional stability while working under intense emotional, time and volume pressure.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.