Relief- Human Service Worker (71272)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19802
Relief- Human Service Worker
Wilmington BOP (DE) – Wilmington, DE
Community Solutions is seeking a dedicated Relief Human Service Worker to join our team atour Wilmington DE on an as needed basis. In this role you will provide client supervision and complete all required program operations. You will uphold all Agency policies and procedures pertaining to the safety and security of clients, Agency property and the community. You will also be a role model to the clients while providing a safe environment, facilitating counseling, advocacy and support. This position pays $13.13/hour.
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal justice system. Since CSI’s founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer in the community-based service. We have been delivering supervision, treatment, and comprehensive individualized services to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and become productive citizens. Using this plan we built the first ever halfway house in New England which has now been replicated and grown to almost 50 programs in 9 states. For over 50 years, CSI has been building upon its successful foundations and has been expanding its services to serve thousands of adults, youth, and families each year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
- Provide update on any client issues and incidents.
- Verify all physical items being passed between shifts.
- Ensure security of facility keys.
- Conduct employment, job search and home confinement spot checks on each shift.
- Conduct common area, room searches and perimeter searches as assigned and document results.
- Conduct pat/pocket searches on all clients entering the facility and document results.
- Confiscate any contraband found and complete incident report.
- Complete house counts every hour from Midnight to 8am and every 2 hours from 8am to 10pm and document results.
- Transport Clients as needed in a Company vehicle.
- Conduct monthly emergency drills.
- Secure urines from same sex clients and complete all required paperwork and electronic documentation.
- Supervise all client visitation. Sign all visitors and contractors in and out of the facility.
- Complete intake on all new arrivals prior to the end of your shift. Facilitate client orientation as assigned.
- Facilitate all client movement in and out of the facility.
- Monitor client’s self-administration of medication.
- A Bachelor’s degree plus one year experience in the social service or criminal justice field.
- Education may be substituted with relevant experience on a one year for one year basis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid drivers license.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Community Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.