Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lewes, DE 19958
Maintain a clean, sanitary, safe and comfortable environment in the Community.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee assigned to the job. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees are required to be in compliance with SSL safety policies and procedures. SSL employees are dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of residents as well as maintaining compliance with health, safety and environmental regulatory standards.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
• Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical..
• Routine cleaning of resident rooms (e.g. sweep, mop, vacuum, dust, empty trash baskets, etc.).
• Scour and polish all bathroom apparatus.
• Clean, sanitize, dust and vacuum all areas of the community on a daily basis.
• Assume responsibility for personal safety and environmental safety.
• Handle and store all cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations.
• Abide by all infection control standards of the department.
• Follow all safety procedures of the department and community.
• Keep utility and storage areas in good order and clean.
• Attend in-service training as required.
• Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
• Knock before entering a resident’s room.
• Honor the residents’ personal and property rights.
• Other duties as related to the essential functions of the job as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
• Must be able to communicate with residents and staff.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agency personnel and the general public.
• Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
• Must communicate with housekeeping personnel and other department personnel.
• Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel, as well as be willing to deal with residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting solutions, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• One (1) year of housekeeping experience is preferred.
• Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.