Commercial Security Installer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Commercial Security Installer (WD30044382060)
W*hat you will do*
- Proficient at maintaining, repairing, and installing conventional and addressable fire alarm, security, nurse call, intercom, CCTV Systems and other related building systems products.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Perform inspections and installation activities on electronic fire systems.
- Overtime may be required during busy project schedules.
- Install, service & troubleshoot several different fire alarm and security systems, understand how to split a circuit to effectively troubleshoot ground faults.
- Run and install conduit per NEC code.
- Responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work for inspections, and determine if additional information is needed.
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with Service Coordinator, Dispatcher, Management, and customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending training classes when offered.
- Follow troubleshooting guidelines and refer to technical/parts manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose & repair equipment or systems. All work performed, whenever possible, should be reviewed with the customer.
- Ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Complete monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Partner with sales to grow and protect the service segment of our business.
What we look for
- Electrical experience, specifically in the commercial industry.
- Familiarity with applicable codes (i.e. NFPA 72. NFPA 70)
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Have a working knowledge of test equipment including multi-meters, digital analyzers, frequency meters decibel meters, and communicating devices.
- Installing, servicing, fire alarm systems and security systems for a large, premier service entity preferred.
- A minimum of three years of related work experience
- Knowledge of major fire alarm and security equipment brands a plus, (e.g.,EST, Notifier, Gamewell/FCl, Firelite, Radionic/ Bosch, Ademco, NAPCO, DSC, Silent Knight, Honeywell Access, Lenel, Software House, Kantech, American Dynamics). Simplex Fire systems a plus.
- State and/or local licensing a plus.
- NICET Certification(s)
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Familiarity with applicable codes.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record
- Pass background and drug test
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.