Sr. Sales Manager - State and Local Government AWS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
Would you like to create business strategies and continue to build a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of AWS? Do you have the business savvy, government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as a leading cloud platform provider within this high growth market? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a sales leader for the State & Local Government business. The leader will be responsible for driving awareness and adoption of State and Local Government workloads on AWS’s global cloud computing platform.
As an Enterprise State & Local Government Sales Leader, you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include growing and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market awareness in the State & Local Government market segment. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies, and collaborating with the Commercial Sales, Public Policy, Legal, Marketing, Contracts and Executive leadership to best serve customers.
The ideal candidate will possess sales management experience that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise sale representatives with complex engagements at the CXO level. You should also be located in the Washington D.C. metro area and be ready to grow the AWS business throughout a four state territory — DE, MD, VA, and WV.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Continue to hire and build out an enterprise sales team
- Assign sales territories, set goals and quota, and ensure proper training programs for the sales team
- Manage and coach the sales team to optimal performance
- Drive consideration, revenue and market share in a defined region
- Accelerate customer adoption and customer satisfaction
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Expect moderate to heavy travel as needed
- 10 + years of experience providing technology solutions for Public Sector including State and Local Governments.
- 8+ years of experience driving growth through and with cross-functions including Sales, Marketing and Segmentation, Channel and Partner Development, Public Policy, Legal and other organizations.
- 5+ years of experience supporting multi-vertical, global businesses that include Healthcare, Justice and Public Safety, Smart Cities, Transportation, and Human Services verticals.
- 5+ years experience working with transformative technology including cloud, IoT, business intelligence, analytics.
- BA or BS level degree or equivalent experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age