Senior Business Systems Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
AAA Club Alliance is hiring for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team at our Wilmington HQ location! The Senior Business Systems Analyst (SBSA) interfaces with Business, Applications & Development, Infrastructure, and Architecture Managers and developers, system end-users, and other members of the Information Technology (IT) group to understand the capabilities and needs of the organization, and communicate those needs to the IT department using a structured approach and methodology. The initial identification of any request can be prompted via numerous channels, such as by a user with a problem, a formal client project request, or initiated by the SBSA who recognizes an efficiency improvement or cost savings opportunity or process enhancement. In either case, the BA will use a spectrum of personal and technical skills, predefined processes and templates, to identify and document business requirements and functions that recognize and identify improvements.
What We Can Offer You:
AAA is a great place to work. We provide a stable working environment with challenging and exciting career opportunities. To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary, $70,000 – $100,000 per year; dependent upon experience
- Annual Bonus Eligibility and Annual Merit Increases
- Health & Life Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription)
- 401k plan with employer match up to 7%,
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Wellness Programs
- Health Advocate
- Legal Shield
- Pet Insurance
- Nearly 4 weeks of Paid Time Off the first year
- Paid Holidays
- Complimentary AAA Premier Membership (including insurance discounts, travel discounts, retail discounts)
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)*
- Acts as liaison between business stakeholders, such as management, customers or end users, and the IT team.
- Works with clients to produce clear, complete and thorough project requirements documentation, in a timely manner.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios and other methods.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team.
- Develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop- strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Improve systems by studying current practices; identifying possible modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Oversee implementation, coordinate tests and observe initiation of the system to validate performance.
- Organizes testing criteria for the beta and final releases to ensure adherence to standards and acceptance by the user.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure that the features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Identifies and seeks out relationships that need improvement and take actions to improve them.
- Produces and develops all project requirement gathering collaboration, documentation, and appropriate IT and Business sign-offs.
- Establishes good working relationships with all end-users, Developers/Programmers, Business, IT, and vendor Managers and other members of the IT group.
- Understands and adheres to all internal project process documentation and testing methodologies.
- Understands and adheres to all Change Management Approval Processes and error tracking.
- Acknowledges and abides by all Information Security Policies.
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary for competent performance of the job)*
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exception analytical skills with ability to apply them to systems issues and products as needed.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent relationship building/maintenance skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand end-user needs
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to work under both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies
- Ability to understand and develop Business Process Mapping and logical system models, including Entity Relationship Diagrams, Data Dictionaries, Process and Information Flow Diagrams.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Knowledge of Insurance/Membership applications preferred
- Some knowledge of leading data and business modeling tools preferred
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)*
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent in Computer Sciences, Business Administration, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with Business Process Mapping, transition diagrams and process flow charts.
- 3-5 years requirements gathering and writing experience *
- Familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts.
Keywords: Strategic Business Analyst; Business Strategy Analyst; Business Process Analyst; Business Solutions Partner; Business Relationship Partner; IT Strategic Partner; IT Strategy Analyst; Information Technology, Business Analyst, Business Process Improvement, Requirement, Business Process Mapping, Transition Diagrams, Process Flow Charts, User Stories, Requirements Gathering, Requirements Documentation
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visitOur Company Website, AAAClubAlliance.jobs.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out ourDay In The Life Videos on the Company Website**.**
At AAA Club Alliance, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
This Organization participates in E-Verify:
E-Verify Participation Poster
E-Verify Right to Work
*Applicants have rights under Fed