Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sussex County, DE 19973
• Provide proper training for employees; conduct performance evaluations; identify gaps for appropriate solutions and/or counseling, up to and including termination.
• Recruit, select and retain qualified employees according to federal and state labor laws and company policies; ensure store is properly staffed.
• Make recommendations regarding employee pay rate and advancement.
• Communicate performance, conduct and safety expectations regularly; coordinate meetings and events to encourage safety, security and policies.
• Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed and effectively opened and closed each day. Personally open the store a minimum of two times per week; personally close the store a minimum of two times per week.
• Evaluate operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, profitability, and turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
• Order to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets; review ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management issues on a weekly basis; follow up on Basic Stock Replenishment (BSR)/cycle counts.
• Facilitate the efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise by following defined company work processes.
• Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to established practices; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
• Maintain accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
• Ensure the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures.
• Provide superior customer service leadership.
• Maintain a clean, well-organized store; facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
• Ensure that store is adequately equipped with tools necessary to perform required tasks.
• Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications; ensure employee compliance.
• Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.