Business Systems Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
WSFS is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst to serve as an intermediary between business and technical partners. The Business Systems Analyst will work with IT project teams and business partners to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation a conceptual design from which applications, reports and solutions are developed. The incumbent will provide application support and effective testing of internal business systems to ensure business solutions support the company goals and objectives, with a primary focus on the Bank’s check processing and FIS core processing systems. Additional responsibilities include providing ongoing application support for internal business systems including application problem resolution, report development, access management and application development. This role will also evaluate periodic application releases from primary vendors to measure the impact the business processes and identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement. The incumbent will troubleshoot application issues, work with end users or service providers to determine the score of the problem and collect relevant details to identify solutions while also making recommendations for work-arounds or escalate the issue accordingly. The Business Systems Analyst will partner with business and technology representatives to gather business requirements, prepare design specifications, test and deploy new or modified functions in the environment and identifying opportunities for process improvement. This position may attend daily or weekly meetings to review specifications, assist in end-user training, and participate in unit testing and development of associated documentation.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm position, located at the Operations Center in Wilmington, DE.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical IT role as a Business Systems Analyst, Application Administrator, in access management and/or similar relevant experience in the banking or financial services industry.
• Must have demonstrated experience working with check processing systems, core banking systems, integrated business applications, reporting systems and data structure.
• Experience with FIS check processing and FIS core system is preferred.
• Previously managed or participated in group-wide projects such as bank consolidations and/or application implementations.
• Extensive knowledge of federal regulations, payment systems rules and regulations governing financial systems is required.
• Must possess a proficient knowledge of software applications, database structures, internet, client server, and mainframe technologies.
• Must possess knowledge of the banking industry compliance regulations.
• Must have the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization, and with outside vendors and contractors.
• Must have the ability to use tact and skill in working with diverse groups.
• Must possess the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
• Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items over head, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of up to 10-25 lbs.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, decision making, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, memorizing, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled