Bank Card Services Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Bank Card Services Specialist. The Bank Card Services Specialist will be responsible for handling a variety of routine and non-routine functions and services for WSFS Debit Cards, Credit Cards, ATM Cards, and HELOC Cards. The position requires the ability to investigate, research, and provide error resolution for disputes, potential fraudulent activity, cardholder record maintenance issues, card status maintenance issues and/or compliance concerns. The incumbent will be responsible for providing stellar customer service to internal and external customers, completing production tasks (including dispute processing, lost/stolen processing, card maintenance, and travel notifications), and adhering to established departmental service level agreements, controls, policies and procedures. The incumbent will handle all aspects of customer EFT/POS disputes within Regulation E and VISA guidelines, apply conditional credits, complete cardholder correspondence and monitor chargebacks-in-process. The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert for all Associates to provide support to Retail Banking Offices and the Contact Center, investigate disputed debit card transactions to reduce the Bank’s losses, and will be responsible for the daily reconciliation of the Bank Card general ledgers and timely processing of charge offs. The incumbent will also process daily Card Association settlements for Debit and Credit Card programs, escalate anomalies such as fraudulent activity to the department manager and/or Operational Risk department, and perform new card set-up, cardholder record maintenance, and card status maintenance.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at our Operations Center in North Wilmington, DE.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• Must have minimum of 2 years of experience in transaction services operations.
• Must have previous debit and/or credit card operations experience.
• Must have a working knowledge of Visa operating rules.
• Must have a working knowledge of Regulation E.
• Must have practical knowledge in Bank Card operations, as well as other areas that may include transaction support activities including research and adjustments, reconcilements, ATM operations, wire transfers, or other support areas.
• Must have an understanding of payments networks, as well as banking products and services.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office products.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled