Global Demand Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Global Demand Manager (Job Number: 207327W-01)
Global Demand Manager
Transportation & Industrials – Performance Materials
Overview: The Global Demand Manager plays a critical role in achieving the highest possible demand forecast accuracy for T&I Performance Materials products to enable more accurate supply plans, more accurate financial estimates and more predictable and stable business operations and service to customers. The role is also critical to oversee the effective management of short, medium- and longer-term supply constraints which is aligned with business priorities and the needs of customers.
1. Responsible for understanding all sources of demand for specific products within a region, market segment or global business.
2. Establishes forecasting strategy at a global, regional and local level which is aligned with supply and logistics strategies
3. Accountable for developing demand forecast at the chosen levels, horizons and intervals which is owned by sales and is supported by key assumptions, risks and uncertainties
4. Responsible to develop the demand management and control processes and rules governing acceptance of orders and commitment of supply.
5. Accountable for monitoring the performance of the demand process and continually improving output, accuracy and bias.
6. Accountable for the coordination, prioritization and delivered results of improvement projects in the demand planning process.
7. Facilitates the demand management process for DIBM.
8. Manages development and capability of the Demand Team.
Organizational Alignment: The Global Demand Manager reports to the Global Commercial VP – Performance Materials. All regional demand planners and analysts for T&I Performance Materials report to the Global Demand Manager.
• Facilitate the Demand Review Process of the Integrated Business Management Process- Review demand plans (Volume/Value); Review macro economy, market and product intelligence; Integrate new & change product and strategies plan
• Lead discussion of demand in regional DIBM meetings, member of the DIBM team as appropriate.
• Identify, prioritize and aggregate all sources of demand for the integrated supply chain of a product/service to support business planning, DIBM and master production scheduling.
• Aggregate all sources of demand including external sales, samples, interplant and interregional demand, for the integrated supply chain of a product or service with enough detail for the 24-month DIBM planning horizon to develop the aggregate demand plan and the supporting assumptions for the Demand review in the Integrated Business Management process.
• Develop, document and update the assumptions supporting the demand plan. Challenge the commercial and product assumptions when significant deviations occur between the statistical forecast and the forward-looking Demand Plan.
• Reviews Demand Plan and product mix forecast developed by Demand Planner.
• Identify issues and decisions regarding the Demand Plan.
• Develop product mix forecasts as input for supply planning, based on aggregate demand plan and work together with the Supply Chain Manager & Master Scheduler to fine-tune the product mix plan. Disaggregate the demand plans to make them the most relevant to supply chain e.g. to assets, stocking points.
• Integrate demand plans for new product and/or new markets working with product and marketing managers.
• Establish, maintain and utilize forecasting and communication tools for accomplishing the above. Lead the process to design and implement improved planning tools globally for Performance Materials
• Identify changes, risks, opportunities, and remedial actions.
• In collaboration with the Commercial Excellence and Supply Chain Managers, manage rules for abnormal demand, supply issues (including constrained supply), and customer requirements that are outside the capability of the supply chain to deliver.
• Communicate significant upcoming supply issues to the sales and customer service organizations.
• Provide overall business perspective to the demand management process.
• Recognize “turning points” (leading indicators) in demand and monitor changes in key business drivers.
• Maintain frequent and transparent communication with multiple functions including sales, customer service, product, marketing, finance, and supply.
• Monitor the demand plan performance by measuring actual vs. planned performance for product family and product mix (bias, demand forecast error).
• Participate in the development and evaluation of what-if scenarios (simulations) to anticipate and resolve demand/supply imbalances
• Best in class forecast accuracy (aggregate & mix)
• Capable demand management strategy & processes
• Conformance to established policy & processes
• Robust demand control processes when needed
• Mix accuracy
• Aggregate demand Plan Performance (bias, forecast error)
• Delivery to Request
• Delivery to Promise
• Promise to Policy
• Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Marketing or related discipline
• 7 to 10 years equivalent experience in commercial and/or supply chain environment
• Six Sigma (Black Belt certification)
• Basic Demand tool training (APO)
• APICS certified Supply Chain professional within 2 years
• Strong computer and analytical skills
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Organization: Transportation & Industrial
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.