Manager - Close, Consolidation & Systems
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Manager – Close, Consolidation & Systems
Chemours is seeking a Manager – Close, Consolidation & Systems to join our growing Finance team! This position will report directly to the Assistant Controller – Accounting & Reporting in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads and supervises the Consolidations team of 4-6 accountants responsible for the consolidated financial statements.
- Reviews the consolidated financial reports and related footnote disclosures in compliance with US GAAP and applicable SEC rules and regulations in conjunction with Chemours’ quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Reviews balance sheet and income statement, cash flow statements, earnings per share, and equity statement to ensure completeness and accuracy of the global financials;
- Manage financial systems and oversee the administration of the applications;
- Global Leader of FX Currency process including hedge forecasting and exchange accounting summary and analysis;
- Ensures effective internal controls over financial reporting and compliance with SOX policies for close and consolidation activities;
- Coordinates information sharing among Corporate accounting, Treasury, Tax and Legal to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting;
- Reviews high level flux and analysis process of consolidated financial statements;
- Acts as resource for major business unit and corporate initiatives;
- Identify and initiate process improvement items for functional productivity and simplification;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with cross functional team members, business process owners, Tax, Treasury, Internal Auditors and External Auditors. Lead, motivate and support cross-functional team to support business to accomplish goals and objectives;
- Coordinate the implementation and understanding of new accounting standards;
- Interact with global controllership and independent public accountants on audit matters;
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- BS Accounting/Finance (MBA a plus)
- Certified Public Accountant
- 12+ years combined industry and public accounting experience
- Self-directed and accountable
- Ability to serve as a team leader and manage projects independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Works well in teams with an ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Familiarity with SAP, Oracle Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) and Account Reconciliation Close Solutions (ARCS)
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/