Applications Programmer (PS HR and Budget/Financials), IT-Management Information Systems
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494505
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Information Technology, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 28S
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
IT Management Information Services (MIS) supports the enterprise systems of the University which include the Human Resources, Student Information, and Financials systems in addition to central database, reporting, and fundraising systems. MIS is responsible for the development of new and improved campus business practices and the support of core business systems that are critical to the University’s strategic plan and the institutional mission.
The Applications Programmer implements software development life cycle methodologies to enhance the University’s core ERP systems. Support includes: development and customizations of applications and internal/external interfaces, maintenance, troubleshooting, production support and developing and writing queries for users. The incumbent works with users, PeopleSoft consultants, and other IT staff to prepare functional and technical requirements for application design and technical solutions. The incumbent provides off-hour, on-call production support of the core business system applications.
The Applications Programmer II (PS HR & Budget/Financials) reports to the Project Leader II of the HR Group in IT-MIS.
The Applications Programmer family includes a progression of five steps from entry level (Applications Programmer I) to the most senior level (Project Leader II). New members to the Applications Programmer family are hired into levels that are commensurate with their experience and educational background. Incumbents can progress to higher levels as their on-the-job experience and skill levels increase over time.
• Implements software development life cycle methodologies to enhance the University’s PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System (HRMS) systems and PS Financials System. Provides primary support for payroll, UDTime, human resources, the general ledger interface, college work study, benefits, parking, and the check reconciliation systems in HRMS. Also provides primary support for grants and general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget office and procurement systems in PS Financials. Work includes planning, requirement analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, maintenance and documentation in accordance with IT-MIS policies and standards to enhance.
• Maintains PeopleSoft ERP systems. Applies, tests and deploys tax updates, bundles, patches, fixes and maintenance packs released by PeopleSoft on a periodic basis using PeopleSoft change assistant, data mover, compare reports, system and database audit reports and release notes. Improves performance of PeopleSoft batch programs, reports and online pages using techniques like SQL tuning, database indexes, hints, statistics and explain plans.
• Works with colleagues to plan, upgrade and deploy new PeopleTools versions and PeopleSoft application versions using PeopleSoft upgrade assistant, fit-gap analysis, data conversion, system and database audits, performance & integration testing.
• Tests programs to ensure they work properly and to determine that programs meet client needs. Corrects any problems encountered during testing. Develops statistical analysis and develops metrics/reports/data analysis using PeopleSoft Query/Cognos reporting tools.
• Works with group to develop, test, deploy and document PeopleSoft custom or delivered batch programs to interface with internal HR and Financials modules and with external banking, financial, insurance, and state and federal systems using PeopleTools integration technologies like integration broker, sqr process, application engine process, file layouts, component interfaces and UNIX shell scripting.
• Provides production support for the PS HRMS and Financials systems and maintains the daily production schedule of PeopleSoft systems. Analyzes and resolves production incidents. Works with users and production control staff regarding schedule and problem resolution.
• Provides on call support for PeopleSoft systems. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to MIS policies and with users to determine their needs. Assists staff as needed.
• Consults with users to determine needs, clarify issues, define problems, develop specifications, and recommend solutions. Keeps clients updated on project status. Attends project meetings to discuss project problems and issues. Develops (SQR) reports and (PS) queries for users. Trains users and assist with help-line support.
• Diagnoses and resolves data processing problems and user data entry errors and coordinate the work with other programmers, users, and units.
• Develops an increasing familiarity with the many central business systems and interface applications of the institution. Learns a variety of languages, operating systems, security procedures and utilities. Remains current with latest technologies. Participates in internal and external training programs.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with colleagues and users. Follows University policies and procedures governing IT efforts. Ensures conformance to standards and quality control. Works within the department’s overall strategic plan following project priorities and scope. Meets deadlines and achieves goals.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of related work experience (experience such as a PeopleSoft Analyst/Developer, Systems/Applications Analyst/Developer, etc.) or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Business is preferred.
• Experience with PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.55+ is required. Experience with Dashboards, WorkCenters and Activity Guides is a plus.
• Experience with relevant PeopleSoft modules, and PeopleTools core technologies (i.e. PeopleCode, Application designer, Application Engine, Component Interfaces, Workflow, Integration Broker, and File Layouts), PeopleSoft reporting technologies (i.e. PS Query, and SQR,); and PeopleSoft Upgrade/Change Assistant.
• Experience with techniques such as SQL tuning, database indexes, hints, statistics and explain plans, fit-gap analysis, data conversion, system and database audits, and performance and integration testing, to perform the required duties.
• Ability to specify, write and develop computer programs using a range of programming languages.
• Ability to plan, design, develop, implement, test, and modify applications and external application interfaces to meet specified needs.
• Proficiency with database design.
• Ability to troubleshoot and correct application problems.
• Analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a working knowledge of business systems principles.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in SQL, as well as critical/analytical approach to problem solving.
Applications close: Nov 17 2019 Eastern Standard Time
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/49b45fws4sz68bnz