Production Supervisor (2nd shift)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
Production Supervisor (2nd shift)
Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us — and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen — there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
Under the direction of the Production Manager or Area Production Manager, the Production Supervisor plays a key role in providing leadership to deliver business results and operational improvements. Under direction of the Production Manager or the Area Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations for an assigned area and shift. This role has responsibility to achieve productivity, efficiency, customer service, cost, quality, safety and employee engagement objectives through both individual and team contributions. Provides direction, leadership, development and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments and continuous improvement projects and initiatives. Develops, promotes, and supports continuous improvement and other cross-functional initiatives.
- Participate in the QRMP audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list.
- Accountable for the Safety, Health and Environmental systems and operational standards to ensure compliance as it is outlined in our policies/procedures and processes.
- Adhere to Kraft Heinz quality standards to ensure product quality and Food Safety by following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and Kraft Heinz specifications
- Prepare departmental costs and variances with regard to productivity, short and long-range planning, labor scheduling, product scheduling, raw materials, packaging supplies, product weights, sanitation and housekeeping
- Organize and facilitate production line activities to ensure conformance to establish requirements regarding quality, safety, employee- relations, productivity and cost scheduled volume outputs
- Develop, implements and promotes safety programs and safe work practices through involvement in plant safety teams, programs and initiatives.
- Promotes sound employee & labor relations within the department by developing and maintaining an effective organization with qualified personnel.
- Work with Product Development, Suppliers, Engineering, Quality, and Factory Employees in finding innovative ways to improve the Quality and productivity of our Products.
- Support Employee involvement in Safety, Analytical Problem Solving, Project Planning, Vendor and Customer Relations, fostering a Team atmosphere.
- Monitor and update all area practices and policies for compliance.
- Work with Product Supply Group in weekly scheduling of the Packaging and Processing Area to optimize productivity.
- Prepare, distribute, and follow-up with regard to all established records, reports and/or forms
- Ensure strong, effective communication across functions and with employees, vendors and government regulators
- Monitor productivity data and help develop corrective action plans necessary to achieve annual productivity improvements
- Implement safety measures for accident prevention through monthly departmental safety meetings and working with salaried Supervisors to ensure hourly employee compliance
- Report on quality defect issues and help determine necessary corrective actions to eliminate repetitive failures
- Manage operations to achieve daily efficiencies in keeping with established standards
- Manage budget of assigned department, in accordance with annual productivity improvement targets
- Suggesting new solutions to production problems and ways to improve the efficiency of an operation
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces policies and safety regulations
- Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation
- Oversee development of high performing work teams within department through coaching, training and engaging team members through effective cascading of goals, visual performance boards and ongoing communications of factory changes and performance. Embrace the KHGPS principles necessary to accomplish these objectives and support the change management techniques to develop the culture of continuous improvement and engagement.
- Assist with the supervision of the Production staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Food Science, Engineering or related field is preferred
- 1-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor large teams of hourly associates is required
- Strong communication leadership, and analytical/critical thinking skills
- Strong accountability, consistency and follow-through skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management
Location(s)Dover Plant*Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity*
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.