Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R86141
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for fintech.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges? Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done? Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if?
We want to speak with you. Check out the roles, responsibilities and apply today!
- Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Collaborate in agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
- Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
- Coordinate and scale the evolving cloud based solutions with product development teams both internal and external to Capital One.
What would you expect to work on here: Object-Oriented Languages (Java and Go), Cloud-Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Framework, Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark) and Machine learning models.
As we modernize the existing customer case management system, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of our target case management platform.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience in Java and API development
- At least 2 years of experience in cloud technologies
- 2+ years of DevOps experience
- Demonstrated ability to Influence and collaborate
- Experience in big data technologies like spark, kafka or similar
- 2+ years of Java scripting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.