Real Estate Services Appraiser
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Real Estate Services Appraiser to assist the Commercial and Retail divisions of the Bank. The Real Estate Services Appraiser will primarily assist the Valuation Manager in monitoring real estate appraisal requests for commercial and residential banking, and will respond directly to the Relationship Managers and Vendor inquiries to resolve issues surrounding real estate appraisals. The incumbent will assist in maintaining the Bank’s appraisal systems in accordance to loan policy requirements as well as provide preliminary analyses, appraisal and evaluation services to support lending decisions. Additional responsibilities include coordinating engagement and independent review for appraisal reports for compliance; preform real estate appraisals or evaluations for ongoing collateral monitoring, work out, asset recovery, and lending decisions; and maintain reporting information on the status of each appraisal associated with the commercial division. The Real Estate Services Appraiser will provide preliminary valuation information to assist relationship managers with lending decisions and provide ongoing training to lending support staff on reviewing appraisals and to ensure the Bank’s appraisal process follows federal regulation. The incumbent will maintain the Bank’s list of approved appraisers to ensure that only the highest quality appraisers are performing valuations for the Bank.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm position, located at our Bank Center in Wilmington, DE.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics, or the equivalent work experience within the real estate appraisal environment.
• A minimum of 5 years of real estate appraising experience with the appropriate appraisal qualifications is required.
• Previous clerical, banking, or accounting experience is required.
• Must have previous experience in customer service and possess the ability to lead meetings.
• Must have experience performing and/or reviewing appraisals.
• Prior banking experience is preferred, but not necessary.
• Must be licensed as Certified General Appraiser in either Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Maryland.
• Must be able to prepare real estate appraisals and/or evaluations in accordance with FIRREA and USPAP.
• Knowledge of bank lending requirements is preferred.
• Must have experience in reviewing and critiquing residential and commercial appraisals.
• Must possess the ability to efficiently manager a large volume of real estate appraisals.
• Must be familiar with bank regulatory requirements for appraisals and evaluations.
• Must possess strong analytical and communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently with limited direction.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled