2400-L3006 NURSE AIDE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Under the direction and supervision of the Day Center Manager, this individual performs ADLs and activities within the scope of practice of a Certified Nursing Assistant, such as clinical observation, clinical reporting requirements, participant laundry, participant personal care, participant care training and education. It is the responsibility of the Day Center CNA to provide and assist the participants with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care. Monitors health status and provides a safe environment for participants. Assists with organization and implementation of activity program. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team on an as needed basis. Accepts other duties as assigned by the Day Center Manager and within the CNA cope of practice.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, standards and techniques of a CNA
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions for a safe work environment
- Knowledge of medical equipment use and maintenance
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff and the public
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Perform assigned duties as instructed for all emergency drills and situations.
- Basic computer literacy
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA) with current certification, Certified or Registered Medical Assistant, or a trained home health aide meeting the competencies in Delaware (must provide verified documentation of training and competencies)
- Experience: CPR trained or willingness to be trained. Long Term Care and/or Home Care experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of one year experience in working with the frail or elderly population
Job Number: 00172315
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Full time