Relationship Banker - R11063
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Identifies customers’ needs through the bank’s retail sales process to provide proactive basic sales solutions through customer outreach for basic customer needs and/or refer complex customer needs to the appropriate team member/partner. Specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, servicing and sales interactions for retail and business customers.
- Play key role in Relationship Management (customer assessments, profiling for sales opportunities, account opening and lead-focused outbound calling), Sales Process (profile/pre-call planning, outreach, appointment preparation, interaction/appointment, follow-up) and Risk Management (audit requirements, fraud prevention, Know Your Customer (KYC) and customer information profile (CIP)).
- Complete basic research on customer profiles in order to assess potential ways to add value to clients banking relationship and transition to needs to based discussion on financial goals
- Identify financial needs of customers and present all appropriate product and service options by working cooperatively with appropriate internal business partners.
- Proactively reach out to clients to via e-mail or phone to follow up and educate on value added products/services to address needs of clients
- Onboard new customers through customer outreach (regardless of available channel, and individual who opened account)
- Establish trust with existing clients through proactive outreach regularly
- Schedule preset appointments for the following week and hold appointments each week
- Adequately prepares for scheduled appointment before customer meeting (prepare for sales interactions with pre-call plan)
- Perform customer servicing interactions.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position is the focal point in the branch for sales, service and/or referral opportunities in support of overall branch goals and activity requirements.
The position is key driver of customer flow in the branch to support these activities.
The position services existing customers and grows the business through identifying sales opportunities with customers.
The position must stay current on operational, product, and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions to assist the branch in managing preventable losses and reduce fraudulent activity.
Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 2 years proven retail sales, call center, customer service and/or telesales experience
A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 1 year proven proactive sales experience.
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
Well-organized individual with time management and prioritization skills
Demonstrated financial services product knowledge
Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers
Proficient with internet user-level technology
Education and Experience Preferred:
Notary public license
Bilingual based on branch needs
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Prolonged use of hands and fingers
Ability to lift light to heave objects weighing 5 lbs. to 30lbs
Ability to read fine print
Ability to interact with customers in an open face-to-face work environment
Ability to use fax, telephone system, copier and other communication tools