Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19702
Under the direction of the Supervisor Technician and Plant Manager, the incumbent ensures all production equipment runs efficiently and safely in order to produce a quality product that meets the standards and specifications of the customer and the company. Performs all major changeovers and housekeeping duties as necessary with primary emphasis on safety. Assists in training, record keeping, and supervisor duties as needed. Performs routine Preventative Maintenance on machines and performs minor repairs. Performs all duties according to ISO specifications and standards.
Primary Job Functions
The production technician is accountable for ensuring the machines are running at maximum efficiency with no mechanical down time or mechanical rejects to produce a product that meets company and customer specifications.
1. Troubleshoots and repairs minor problems on all production equipment and related machinery, including minor electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs.
2. Performs repairs and adjustments to prevent problems from developing on machines.
3. Makes adjustments to machine as necessary.
4. Maintains material feed systems.
5. Completes line changeovers as needed, including molds, resin and neck inserts.
6. Performs process changes for quality.
7. Assists with mold changes.
8. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as needed/assigned.
9. Performs as operator or supervisor as needed or requested.
10. Communicates any problems effectively and quickly with Shift Supervisor and Department Manager.
11. Sweeps and cleans production work area.
12. Works safely and observes and enforces safety rules at all times.
13. Follows and carries out all company policies, procedures, and regulations.
14. Performs all other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Must be proficient on all production lines: cubes, injection molding, assembly.
• Must have proficiency on all related equipment.
• Must have mechanical, technical, and electrical aptitude to satisfy job requirements and the ability to analyze and resolve related problems.
• Must have understanding of the relationship of pigment, virgin resin and regrind.
• Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Must have a good attendance, safety record, and safety attitude.
• Must have proficiency in reading and math skills to satisfy requirements of the position.
• Must be able to stoop, squat, and bend, as well as push, pull, and lift objects and/or equipment of various weight, size, and design.
• Must have good eyesight and hearing.
• Must have agility of hands, wrists, and arms.
• Must be able to walk through department numerous times a day and step up and down from platforms and catwalks.
• Must be able to climb ladders and platforms.
• Must have the agility to work in tight areas.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Lifting can be from the floor up and/or above the head.
• Must have legible handwriting.
• Must have basic required tools of the trade.
• Must be able to stand at least 11 hours per shift.
• Must have good hand and eye coordination.
• Minimum 3 years of mechanical experience in a manufacturing atmosphere.
• Must have minimum 3 years production mechanical experience, preferably in the Cubitainer process.
• Must have High School Diploma, GED