Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Talleyville, DE 19803
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
_A Technician must professionally inspect, diagnose and repair tire and automotive services, while delivering an excellent customer experience. They must explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to co-workers and customers. A Technician is expected to continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay updated with rapidly changing automotive technology and perform work in accordance with specifications. A successful Technician will also train and mentor co-workers as well as maintain clean and safe work areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications — brake and hydraulic, exhaust, basic electrical, cooling system, suspension and alignment, perform all maintenance services.
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Mechanic and General Service Technician).
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect you to help set the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you. Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are looking for success in this role. In addition, we require review the following to measure your fit for this role:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience.
- 2 or more ASE certifications are PREFERRED for this position (A4 Steering and Suspension & A5 Brakes)
- Section 609 certification PREFERRED
- State Inspection license if applicable
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed
Physical Demands/Work Environment_
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Talk and hear.
Reporting: Store Manager of Service
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Supercenter
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00062
Location Name: PBY DE Concord Pike-00062