Director, Enterprise Risk Management
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Director, Enterprise Risk Management
Newark – Continental, DE
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want-whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills-you’re in the right place.
What You’ll Contribute:
The Director – Enterprise Risk is a member of the Enterprise Risk team
reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise & Operational Risk. The
Director will be responsible for supporting, the development, maintenance
and enhancement of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERM), the ERM
narrative, Emerging Risk, the Risk Appetite Statements, the Risk Profile
Report and related deliverables. In doing so, the Director will be required
to form an enterprise perspective on the holistic integration of the ERM
Framework and other control functions including Internal Audit and
Compliance. The Director may take on additional responsibilities at the
direction of the Vice President pertaining to Enterprise Risk including
liquidity and asset & liability management.
What You’ll Do:
• Support the VP of Enterprise & Operational Risk for ensuring the
effectiveness of the Enterprise Risk Management and Risk Appetite
• Develop and maintain the ERM narrative and all ERM presentations. Support
the built out of the Emerging Risk program
• Prepare the quarterly Risk Profile Report for the Enterprise Risk
Committee and the Board of Directors. As well as, ensure an effective
design, including QA and automation, and the ongoing execution of
consolidated risk reporting for the Enterprise Risk Committee and the Risk
Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Support the development and ongoing maintenance of policies, procedures,
tools and methodologies related to Enterprise Risk Management, as well as,
risk integration and consolidation.
• Provide ad hoc research and project support.
What You Bring:
• At least 7+ years of progressive experience in enterprise risk management
experience. Additional experience in liquidity, market and ALM risk
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Finance, Economics, Business
Administration and relevant certifications (e.g. CFA, FRM) that show an
ongoing willingness and ability to expand knowledge and expertise;
• Deep understanding of modern risk management methodologies, tools and
approaches including economic capital, stress testing, capital adequacy
assessments for different risk categories;
• Ability to understand complex business processes and develop or advice on
effective risk management and monitoring programs;
• Ability to perform research regarding unfamiliar topics;
• Extensive experience in development and maintenance of risk management
policies, procedures and risk assessment processes to enable providing
actionable insights related to the effectiveness of the current enterprise
• Strong knowledge of the external regulatory environment and the
particular requirements for operating as a regulated banking entity;
• Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with internal and
external business contacts
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to challenge and influence business
and risk partners;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to
present complex data in a clear, concise, user-friendly format to all
levels of audience;
• Proficient in Microsoft applications.
What You’ll Get at Sallie Mae:
+ Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
+ Financial Well-being : 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
+ Work/Life Balance : Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
+ Wellness : Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
REQ ID: 546
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. EEO is the Law Supplement. Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.