Business Development Director
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Job Title:Director, Business Development
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada and Ohio.
About Barclays US Consumer Bank
Barclays US Consumer Bank (BUSCB) is one of the fastest-growing top-10 credit card issuers in the nation. The company creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the nation’s most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions, including: American Airlines, Apple, JetBlue, the National Football League and Wyndham Worldwide. The business also issues its own Barclaycard-branded credit cards: Barclaycard Ring, Barclaycard Rewards, Barclaycard CashForward, and the award-winning Barclaycard Arrival product series. The company is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and has operations centers in Henderson, Nevada; Whippany, NJ; and Hamilton, Ohio
AboutBarclays US Consumer Bank – US Partnerships
US Partnership is the business-to-business-to-consumer (B2B2C) business within BUSCB, responsible for acquiring and managing partnerships, as well as developing and implementing the strategies required to grow our portfolio in a well-managed and profitable way.
Overall Purpose of role
This role will have overall program management responsibility to drive profitable growth for one of our keyThis person will be responsible for managing the team who is responsible for the acquisition of new cobrand partners, including prospecting, pipeline strategy, selling and contract negotiating.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
This is a role with critical responsibilities for the business, including:
- Signing new strategic partnerships each year
- Developing strategies for new and adjacent business expansion
- Executive representative to the broad card partnership market
- Own the core partnership value proposition
- Centralize market and competitive intelligence
- Lead negotiations with all new partners* *
· Four-year college degree
· 10 years of experience in Payments Industry
- Exceptional degree of integrity and professionalism
- MBA preferred
- Ability to develop visions and translate into strategies and operating plans
- Ability to influence and negotiate with C-level professionals
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills that demonstrate ability to balance and manage diverse stakeholder interests
- Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organizations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues
- High degree of decision-making skills to identify, assess, evaluate and solve problems
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgment and prioritization of work
- Strong people management and process management skills.
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Collaborative and able to share best practices at all levels
- Proven leadership skills and ability to apply them
Flexibility to work around schedule driven by business needs and CEO agenda
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Business Development Director
Requisition ID: 90246083