C&R Specialist I / C&R Specialist II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
The Collections & Recovery Specialist I works in the Collections and Recovery Operations environment and is typically aligned with routine inbound or outbound collections calling processes. This role can work in any stage of delinquency and frequently requires guidance on non-routine situations. Primary responsibilities are collections, customer servicing, submitting extension requests and other loss mitigation and recovery activities. Contacts delinquent customers in order to secure payment and determine reason for delinquency on active or inactive loan, deposit and/or credit card accounts. In the recovery area, collectors will work with customer to establish full balance repayment plans or settlements. Works an established list of accounts on an automated collections system and/or auto-dialer. This person can resolve routine billing inquiries and negotiate payment arrangements to cure delinquent accounts. Understands and educates customers on account terms and alternate payment programs and methods. Navigates a computerized data entry system and other relevant applications while staying within our regulatory and compliance guidelines within Collections. Responsibility for the mitigation of losses. Generally less than one year of collections experience.
- Ability to work within the operating hours and days for this position as outlined in the posted job requisition.
- Customer service experience, demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service.
- Proven history of dependability.
- At least an intermediate ability in computer skills. Ability to navigate multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to think critically and use good, sound judgment in decision making.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle difficult client issues.
- Proficiency in dealing with customers issues in both a routine and complex environment.
- Ability to multi-task and proven track record of working independently.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in the environment.
- College degree or commensurate work experience preferred.
- 2-4 years of customer service experience.
- Inbound/Outbound call center experience.
- Banking/financial services experience.
- Knowledge of banking operations.
Posting Date : 10/02/2019
Newark, DE, Deerfield III, 655 Paper Mill Rd,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 2nd shift
Weekly Schedule : M-F 1-10 PM EST (w/ rotating Sat requirement)
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.