Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
The Program Manager is responsible forensuring the creation of a safe and healthy environment that fosters communication and is conducive to the provision of supports for adults supported by RHD s IDD services. This job carries with it the obligation torespect the dignity and recognize the potential for growth of every individual who receives services and to advocate for their rights. The Program Manger isresponsible for the overall supervision of the direct support professionals (throughdirect supervision, modeling, training and feedback), daily operations of thesite(s), ensuring the health and safety of the individuals receiving supports, and complimenting the work of the Program Coordinator, Registered Nurse, Behavior Analyst and other positions external and internal to the program. A commitment to the RHD Values should be demonstrated as job duties are performed.
- Provide supervision to assigned direct support professionals.
- Participate in hiring, site orientation, on-going training of staff, assigning duties and follow progressive discipline of all assigned direct support professionals.
- Create an environment that empowers individuals receiving services through the development of skills and coordination of resources and supportive services.
- Formally evaluate the work performance of the direct support professionals after 90 days and annually thereafter; and provide feedback and skills training as needed.
- Review and submit staffing schedules weekly and provide site coverage as needed by managing time off requests, call-outs, and no-shows, also review and approve staff time cards biweekly.
- Facilitate and document minutes from monthly staff meetings.
- Complete and review all necessary documents in "THERAP , and/or supervise the completion of the documentation including: MAIRS, vehicle logs, daily progress notes per shift, sleep logs, menu plans, telephone logs, resident inventories, GERS, T-Logs, medical/dental forms, individual bank records "PSRs , fire drills, property forms, individual monthly reports, psychiatric reviews, etc., and communicate issues and/or problems to program leadership.
- Maintain a visible presence in the site(s) to model interactions, and positively influence the culture expected of the program.
- Conduct regular unannounced visits of the sites.
- Provide input into the development of all plans and ensure the implementation and proper tracking of such plans, including the Person-Centered Plan, Behavior Support Plan, Health Care Plan, and all other plans and goals as applicable.
- Coordinatethe purchase of food, house supplies, and consumer goods and clothing.
- Ensure the home/site is operated in accordance with the residential policies and procedures, RHD’s Corporate Values, DDDS/DHSS Policies/Standards/DHC regulations and all applicable laws
- Ensure the proper reconciliation of purchases according to RHD Credit Card guidelines and fund management guidelines for person(s) served.
- Maintain site vehicles per RHD and DDDS/DHSS/Fleet Policies and Procedures.
- All other miscellaneous duties as requested
- At least one year of prior supervisory experience successfully managing staff in a residential setting
- An associate’s degree in the human service field preferred; high school diploma/GED with prior health care experience accepted
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pass criminal background and other state required clearances
- Have a valid driver s license with driving record in good standing
Choices provides a wide range of residential options, non-traditional day programming, consultative nursing and behavioral services and other support services to support individuals with developmental and other disabilities achieve their personal goals by expanding their horizons and opportunities in the community. Our program goals and implementation strategies of delivering quality services are based on Person-Centered Planning, safe community inclusion and participation, improving lifeskills, self-independence and sufficiency for persons receiving services.