Consumer Credit Risk Executive - US Consumer Card Acquisitio
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Responsible for oversight of the credit quality of new consumer credit card business (4-5 million accounts and roughly $30 Billion in annual unsecured exposure). Provides and directs complex analysis on credit, targeting & product strategies to identify emerging credit risks, assess portfolio health, establish risk threshold and business remains within risk appetite limits. Analyzes performance trends to identify issues, opportunities and recommend credit actions. Monitors industry and economic trends as well as changes in consumer behavior. Communicates with, influences, and presents to peers and senior management the FLU, Internal Audit, external Regulators, and Enterprise Risk partners.
Primary responsibilities include:
Directing & supporting a team of risk managers who:
+ Set annual Risk Appetite Limits for consumer card new account vintages
+ Monitor business & credit strategy performance, escalate breaches and work with FLU to develop action plans
+ Review and approve changes to credit, targeting, pricing and product strategies
+ Monitor asset quality, economic, industry and consumer behavior trends to identify emerging credit risks
+ Establish program performance guardrails and evaluate performance
+ Challenge Executive partners across supporting businesses to ensure alignment with Credit Risk Appetite, Other Credit Risk limits and metrics
+ Maintaining relationship & dialogue with external regulators and supporting exams
+ Providing regular updates to senior risk leadership, risk forums, management & credit risk committees and Board of Directors
· Minimum of 15 yearsof credit risk and underwriting experience (underwriting/credit strategy/credit risk)
· Minimum of 10 years of credit card experience
· Analytical capabilities (ability to analyze and interpret data trends, credit performance, model performance)
· Intellectually curious
· Strong communication skills: ability to develop, communicate and influence Senior Executives
· Strong conflict management skills
· Required Educational background: Bachelors degree in analytical or quantitative discipline (i.e; Statistics, Economics, Finance, Accounting or Engineering)
· Knowledge of Credit Risk Management Processes, Risk Appetite Setting, Credit Strategy Change review and approval, Loss Forecasting, Credit Portfolio Management, Credit Modeling and Model Risk Management
· Advanced degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, statistics, math and/or professional certifications (i.e.; CFA, FRM, CPA, etc.)
· Experience with analytical tools, such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, Micro Strategies,
Posting Date : 10/03/2019
Newark, DE, Deerfield I, 655 Paper Mill Rd,
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.