Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
THIS IS A NON-MEDICAL POSITION.
Title: Stretcher Van Attendant
Reports To: President and Vice President
Job Function: Assist with transferring passengers onto stretcher and transporting to medical appointment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with transfer from bed or chair onto stretcher.
• Make sure that each passenger is properly secured with belts.
• Properly secure stretcher into van.
• Ride in rear of van with passenger and assist them to assure they are comfortable.
• Demonstrate the ability to navigate through hospitals, nursing homes and other facilities to make sure passengers get to appointments safely and on time.
• Obtain clients signature on trip log.
• Maintains cordial working relationships with dispatcher and drivers.
• Operate two-way communication systems as required.
• Sanitize equipment after each use.
Duties and Responsibilities continued
• Communicate with managers, outside organizations, businesses, government organizations, local police and others as appropriate in emergency situations and activities that require notification.
• Complete customer complaint and incidence reports when necessary.
• Clean vehicle at end of shift.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Proper lifting techniques.
• Operation of two-way communication equipment.
• Operation of dispatch software and hand-held equipment.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette. Ability To:
• Speak clearly and distinctly.
• Learn and apply applicable department rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.