Assistive Technology Mgr/Sr. Assistive Technology Mgr, Center for Disabilities Studies
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Georgetown, DE 19947
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494364
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Program/Project Management, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Position is located in Sussex County. This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent upon continued funding.
The Center for Disabilities Studies is the only unit on the University of Delaware campus in which a team focuses exclusively on assistive technology (AT) research and development, systems change, training, and advocacy. The Delaware Assistive Technology Initiative is Delaware’s federally funded AT State Program, and as such seeks to improve access to assistive technology for all Delawareans with disabilities who need it to be safer and more productive and independent in their chosen communities. The DATI operates an Assistive Technology Resource Center in each county that houses a large inventory of assistive devices and provides a variety of services to a wide range of constituents in the community.
Under general direction of the Delaware Assistive Technology Initiative (DATI) Program Director, who is also the Center Director, the Manager executes the programmatic and administrative responsibilities associated with the operation of a DATI Assistive Technology Resource Center (ATRC). This includes the administration of assistive technology demonstration and short-term loan programs, as well as the conducting of public awareness, training, technical assistance, and information and referral activities related to AT access and use. The Manager is responsible for compliance with all administrative policies and procedures, and supervises the administrative support staff assigned to the ATRC.
• Works with individuals with disabilities and those who support them in the identification of AT that can help them meet the demands placed upon them in their environments and live comfortably and safely in their community of choice, coaching service providers/clinicians to do the same.
• Responds to inquiries in a timely, thorough, and respectful manner.
• Conducts objective device demonstrations and comparisons, paying particular attention to the customer’s expressed needs, wants, and preferences.
• Facilitates efficient and appropriate short-term equipment loans, ensuring that all borrowing procedures are followed and that customers have sufficient information about the equipment they are borrowing that they can derive maximum benefit from the trial use experience
• Participates in outreach activities, including exhibits, health fairs, media events, etc.; develops print materials in support of AT awareness and outreach (including articles for the AT Messenger); represents DATI at various community and/or business meetings; promotes existing and new initiatives.
• Maintains awareness of commercial AT marketplace to inform future purchases, and coordinates with DATI Central Site regarding ordering of materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Arranges and manages the ATRC to maximize its appearance and functionality.
• Designs, delivers, and evaluates engaging and informative workshops and training sessions to a wide variety of constituents in early intervention and K-12 settings including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, family members, educators, vocational rehabilitation personnel, case managers, students, administrators, and policymakers.
• Programs, troubleshoots, and suggests repair of AT devices.
• Recognize own skills and knowledge regarding technology and limits individual practice accordingly.
• Maintains a personal professional development agenda to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills about new developments in technology as they become available.
• Complies with ethical, legal, and human rights issues related to technology use.
• Participates in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short and long range planning; collaborates with other program staff in strategic planning, cultivation of partnerships, and development and implementation of programmatic initiatives
• Oversees all facets of the ATRC’s daily operation, ensuring compliance with University, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations and striving to provide the highest quality services to DATI customers.
• Supervises administrative support personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
• Collaborates with UD faculty and staff to raise awareness and promote utilization of AT through academic coursework, research activities, and direct service initiatives.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in human services, education, or technology domain and four years of experience providing services in the area of assistive technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with populations in the K-12 range.
• AT credential from an institution of higher education or other legitimate accrediting body preferred.
• Knowledge of AT devices such as computer hardware and software, augmentative communication devices, devices for those with sensory impairments, tools for activities of daily living, and mobility equipment.
• Computer skills in both Macintosh and Windows platforms, including the ability to complete basic troubleshooting and repairs of both platforms.
• Skill in consultation, collaboration, and customer service orientation.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Experience designing and delivering training for professionals, individuals with disabilities, and family members.
• Accessible, reliable transportation for various events, trainings, and seminars required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/d82c3km34pgnwx3d