GME Program Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
GME Program Coordinator
Send This Job to a Friend
Graduate Medical Education (GME)
Full time 80 (Two week Payperiod)
Pay Grade 050 (Minimum hourly rate $22.09/hr)
With oversight and direction from the Program Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of the accredited residency training program. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The Program Coordinator will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma
3 or more years of office administration experience, preferably in a healthcare and/or education setting, well developed spreadsheet and word processing skills.
Applicant should have exposure to medical terminology, computerized data processing, typing and Business English.
Basic computer and MS software knowledge
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to organize information.
· Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
· Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
· Ability to collect data, problem solve, establish facts, and draw conclusions
· Ability to perform under stress to when confronted with emergency or critical situations
· Ability to perform a variety of duties and multi-task, without loss of efficiency or composure
· Ability to clearly communicate, present ideas, facts, and clinical information
· Ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, facilitating task accomplishments, cooperating and resolving conflicts, recognizing needs and being sensitive to others.