Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
The project manager accomplishes project objectives by planning, evaluating, and directing project activities; also controls and implements the assigned project(s) within assigned budget and baselined schedule. The project manager assures that procedures are documented and transitioned to ensure satisfactory ongoing operation of the implemented system(s)/application(s).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, plans and conducts evaluation of information and network related needs and recommends the project management approach for the project.
- Develops and obtains approval of artifacts and activities as required in the PMO Project Management Methodology based on the size, priority, complexity, and risk of the project.
- Conducts all aspects of assigned projects with professionalism, quality, on time and within budget. Coordinates/leads the efforts of assigned project members in all project endeavors including the implementation and transition of ongoing support of assigned projects.
- Assures project gates are completed in a timely manner and that action items are resolved prior to project completion.
- Maintains effective lines of communications and relationships within all stakeholder groups/impacted areas including but not limited to: Information Services, hospital departments, patients, staff and community as required.
- Provides input on the assigned project members performance to their management.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; uses computer based training and actively participates in Christiana Care PM Community discussions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting accountability for delivery of assigned projects with quality; and by exhibiting Christiana behaviors that exemplify the Values of Love and Excellence.
- Submits complete and accurate status reports and timesheets for all assigned projects.
- Approves team time sheets in timely manner assuring accuracy and completeness for assigned projects.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree or commensurate experience in a discipline related to the assigned area. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Five to Eight years of combined project management, data processing and system analysis experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.