Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19802
SECURITY OFFICER – part time, 28 hours per week.
Reports to the director, finance & administration. Responsible for the management of safety & security, of which include the safely program, security, fire protection, tort claims and significant incidents in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and government and management directives.
1. Develop new and revised policies and procedures affecting safety and security; coordinate with the other departments to ensure compliance with overall objectives relating to the safety and security program.
2. Serve as liaison between center and immediate community in security, safety, and law enforcement matters; assist in developing and maintaining the center’s master safety plan to include; risk assessment, safety and emergency disaster plans.
3. Develop and implement orientation and in-service training programs for staff and students to ensure that safety and security policies are followed; conduct monthly safety committee meetings, all staff training.
4. Ensure fire extinguishers are available in required locations and in working condition at all times.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Provide fire and safety procedures and literature to staff and students; conducting training for staff on OSHA standards.
7. Provide records and reports of departmental activities upon request by management, insurance underwriters, DOL, and other government agencies.
8. Coordinate with other center staff concerning safety and security mattes and conduct security related investigations; conduct preventive fire and safety inspections of facilities to identify potential hazards; initiate corrective actions; work with the human resources manager to create and effective worker’s compensation and safety awareness program.
9. Coordinate security patrol functions and activities as need; serve as security liaison with center contractor for center coverage.
10. Investigate missing stolen property; coordinate investigation with the local police department and FBI.
11. Act as liaison of federal, state and local safety and fire officials as well as local industrial safety managers.
12. Assist in the development of community linkages in the areas of safety and security; serve as staff advisor to student government association (SGA) safety and safety committee; supervise and evaluate students assigned to the department of on-center work experience.
13. Oversee and represent the center at quarterly environmental inspections.
14. Coordinate fire drills, serve as liaison to the Wilmington fire department.
15. Support, promote and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
16. Provide safety tools to departments as needed; inspect classrooms and offices for adherence to safety practices and policies.
17. Communicate closely with logistics coordinator, business & community liaison/WBL specialist, food services supervisor and facilities maintenance staff on issues of safety.
18. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
19. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned with in his/her capabilities as determined by management.