Design Program Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R83945
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Design Program Manager
Who You Are:
You’re a go-getter who loves making connections, clearing paths, and bringing awesome experiences to life. You’ve lived through the highs and lows of supporting user experience teams as they engage with partners, evolve into agile with product and tech teams, and deliver innovation for both customers and the business. You’ve worked at scale, spending time on enterprise level products managing multiple work streams. You’ve got a host of design project management tools in your toolbox, but you’re not overly attached to any one of them. You’re a proactive communicator with the emotional intelligence to build and maintain trusted relationships with designers, product partners, and engineering partners.
If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re seeking an engaging Design Program Manager who is passionate about the field of user experience, and has developed and managed programs and multi-track projects to help our Bank Platform Design team be their best design selves while growing our programs in project tracking and team accountability. You’ll be an integral part of the team, learning from many of the design management practices that exist, and using your creativity to extend the practice for this team.
To join us, you should have a background in design project or program management for digital product and/or omni-channel service experiences. You have a broad set of skills in program management, but you have a passion and depth in specific areas of practice that set you apart from the pack. You have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything’s possible” mindset.
You should also have experience managing the full design process for projects at a variety of scales, with a strong understanding of the practices that move ideas from the problem space, through the conceptual space, and into the execution space.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Bank Platform Design leadership and Design Management to establish, build and drive team processes for reporting and communication
- Collaborate with Project Leads to deliver projects/programs that exceed expectations
- Manage team relationships in coordination with Project Leads
- Facilitate project team communications and workflows
- Maintain project momentum by keeping the project and team on track
- Share knowledge across One Design and Capital One
- Organize and ensure appropriate communication of statuses, issues, forecasts, metrics etc. to product and engineering stakeholders
- Monitor and balance project health and team satisfaction
- Maintain portfolio roadmaps, support progress reporting, and monitor success metrics
- Determine and implement process improvements
- Build great working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Bring creative ideas and new ways of working
We are looking for someone who has experience managing a design portfolio in our kind of environment or somewhere similar. Strong communication and writing skills, authenticity, and a sense of humor are key. Our design managers must also be comfortable with ambiguity in the face of design challenges and know how to move toward the right solution as part of a team.
- Collaborative/team player
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities and skill sets in a fast-paced environment
- Expert client/partner management and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and get to a resolution
- Passionate about improving people’s lives
- Bachelor’s degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of Program or Design Management experience
- PMP or CAPM
- Certified Scrum Master
- Proficiency with Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint, Google Suite and project management tool-sets like Jira or Airtable
- Technologically savvy
- Must be comfortable taking initiative and making decisions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.