Student Nurse Extern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
We are looking for enrolled Bachelor of Nursing students who would like to enrich their learning through hands-on experience. As a Student Nurse Extern, you will perform hygiene, comfort measures and selected nursing procedures for the patients on your unit of hire. We are looking to fill positions throughout both Christiana and Wilmington hospitals. We hire for all areas which include: medical, surgical, intensive care, women’s and children and other specialty areas. Available Student Nurse Extern positions are based on area needs.
The SNE program starts on January 6, 2020. You will be required to attend orientation on the following dates January 6, 9, 14, 16th.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely provides care appropriate to the age of patients served under the direction of the RN.
- Performs procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care adult and geriatric patients including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain information and to provide the care needed.
- Responds to patient crisis situations and initiates interventions within the scope of responsibilities.
- Accurately documents on CCHS forms as appropriate to scope of job.
- Responds with promptness, empathy and interest to needs of patients.
- Provides a safe and comfortable environment for the patient.
- Assists patients with mobility needs.
- Assists physical therapist when needed.
- Communicates effectively with patient/family and health care team.
- Answers patient call-lights responding to patient needs.
- Identifies each patient prior to providing care and treatments.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Transports patients for discharge and assist in car transfer.
- Demonstrates the correct use of slings and springs, overhead frame and use of assistive devices.
- Assists in the opening and closing of the unit including cleaning and safe storage of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an accredited BSN nursing program
- Must have at least a 2.8 GPA
- Must submit unofficial transcripts
- Must submit a cover letter stating why you are interested in nursing and why you would like to work at Christiana Care.
- Must submit transcripts (unofficial or official)
Any applications missing this information will not be considered.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.