Project Controls Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
JMT is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked .#54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Project Controls Engineer (PCE) in the mid-Atlantic region. The scheduler shall have an ability to understand and administer applications to support project controls initiatives. The PCE shall develop project/activity template to meet individual client’s business requirement using activities, codes, calendars and resource/roles assignment. The PCE shall work closely with the document management system to provide insight to develop business processes in support of construction program.
The Project Controls Engineer will report to the Project Manager, and work with all levels of Construction Management staff as necessary to compile and prepare project status for Capital Program. The PCE provides expertise in areas of project controls, scheduling, document management, earned value management and project activities in support of the capital program. The PCE will be required to coordinate with project engineers, consultants, other departmental agencies and with contractor representatives performing work for various clients and on-going program.
- Interpret project schedule logic to provide explanations to project users on dependencies in work to be performed for project execution
- Reviews and comments on the Initial CPM schedule and integrate the contractor’s schedules to a master schedule
- Track the status of critical activities and changes to the critical path impacting the project
- Interpret contract documents and evaluate contract changes for entitlement
- Review change documentation for completeness and compliance with Owner’s procedures and regulations
- Audit project records on an initial, interim, and final closeout basis for compliance with Owner’s policies and procedures
- Provide on-time review and ‘alerts’ on items impacting the project schedule and progress
- Ability to administer and manage Oracle – Primavera P6 application for set of users and support custom report development in P6
- Ability to utilize and provide review comments for Oracle – Primavera Unifier application development to support construction program
- Understanding of data sets and structured query language (SQL) to develop analytical data sets for reports and dashboards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with applications such as Oracle – Primavera Project Management P6, Oracle – Primavera Unifier, Microsoft Project and Primavera P3
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to interpret contract specifications and drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Ability to understand construction logic and sequencing of complex transportation and W&WW projects
- BA/BS degree from a nationally accredited college or university in any of the following areas of study: Construction Management, Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Environmental), or similar course of study
- At least 5 years of professional Construction Scheduling experience is required
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking
- Job Proficiency
- Client Focus
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an , and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Dover, Delaware, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity