Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19810
Shipley Manor is a beautiful community in Wilmington, DE, with more than 160 units offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking Staff Security to join our team!
- Provides a highly visible status to residents and potential intruders to foster a sense of safety. Operates wireless communications equipment between Security Guard and office.
- Observes video monitors.Patrols hallways, building and parking lot to ensure it is well lit and resident vehicles are locked.Determines that no unauthorized vehicles are present.
- Ensures that all doors are secured and locked in the evening.
- Responds personally to location to satisfy needs of the residents and personnel.
- Adheres to established safety procedures.Maintains a current list of emergency numbers.
- Keeps record of residents entering and leaving premises after front doors are locked.
- Answers in-coming phone lines when office is closed.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and community information.
- In the event of emergency, assists local emergency personnel within the facility as needed.
- Knowledge of legal requirements for security guard position required.
- Make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Previous security experience desired.Knowledge of legal requirements for security guard position required.
- Ability to react calmly and confidently under pressure and in unexpected situations.
Overnight*About Five Star*
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents’ independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, “Connections” our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.