Research Associate I, Kinesiology and Applied Physiology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494384
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 28N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The National Institutes of Health has funded a 5-year grant titled “Mechanisms Underlying the Protective Vascular Effects of Dietary Potassium in Humans”. Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator, the Research Associate will be an integral part of the research team by leading the data collections, assisting with recruitment and retention of research subjects, assisting with human subjects’ compliance, and data analysis. The Research Associate will also oversee and coordinate undergraduate volunteers in the laboratory.
• Performs a variety of complex technical and other duties involved physiological testing, experiments, and assessments to obtain data in support of research activities.
• Performs research assignments involving a number of variables and applies procedures, equipment, and technology that involve complex functions or features.
• Evaluates, selects, and applies standard specific techniques and procedures and modifies and develops new procedures to accomplish a variety of research assignments.
• Sets up, calibrates and maintains equipment. Orients others in use of equipment, both orally and in writing.
• Procures and maintains inventory of supplies.
• Helps to set and maintain proper laboratory safety standards.
• Trains new employees, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
• Prepares tables, graphs, and reports.
• Compiles and analyzes data and interprets results.
• Assists in the preparation of manuscripts and research protocols.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of research experience in a lab, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology preferred.
• Experience in Human Subjects research.
• Effective organizational and communication skills (verbal and written); Ability to work well with others
• Ability to interpret and follow written and verbal instructions;
• Requires excellent comprehension, communication, and grammatical skills in English and how to use knowledge in scientific articles. Knowledge of research methodology, principles and procedures, of current technological development/trends;
• Knowledge of scientific approach and methodologies, of the use and maintenance of laboratory facilities and/or equipment.
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions, to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures, to develop and follow research methodology and protocol.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Experience with RedCap is preferred
• Ability to design, organize, and coordinate scientific research projects
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hb585538js8h9hbz