Business Intelligence Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
General Description :
As an integral member of the Patient Access and Financial Services reporting team, you will work with business users to gather and document reporting requirements to meet business needs. Use your skills and experience to design, develop, test and implement reports and extracts that utilize the underlying data store(s).
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting, extract and dashboard requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and extracts, created from potentially multiple data sources.
- Design, Develop, test and promote deliverables adhering to quality and time constraint.
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and extracts for both external and internal users.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes and participate in code reviews.
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence.
- Provide guidance and assistance to users for generation of ad hoc reports as required.
- Work with a team of IT and end-user professionals in the ongoing development and support of business systems. Perform Operational Readiness duties on PFS applications via on call rotation.
- Utilize business knowledge to identify opportunities for improvement of existing and/or new information technology that will drive value to the business.
Education and Required Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is preferable. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered.
- 3+ years in IT with experience developing and implementing enterprise-scaler reports/dashboards/interfaces/extracts.
Knowledge, Skill And Ability Requirements:
- SQL Server, Creating Stored Procedures, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and extracts.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional).
- Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is preferred.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures.
- Demonstrated understanding of interface concepts and support needs.
- Working knowledge of administrative systems and software applications including MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio.
- Experience and knowledge of client/server technologies in a corporate network environment is preferred.
- Experience with Soarian Financials (General Application, Reports and Cubes, and OMS), and Siemens DSS Scheduler preferred.
- Knowledge of HL7 and x12 (HIPAA EDI) standards preferred.
- Must be a committed, enthusiastic team player, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal communications and consulting skills. Maintain strong communications with Project Leader/Manager/Team Leader as well as other team/staff members, end-users and vendors to ensure a productive and cooperative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Knowledge of patient accounting from a hospital and physician perspective as well as scheduling, patient access, revenue cycle, billing, claims processing, document management, and reporting highly desirable
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.