Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19702
Responsible for reaching out to delinquent consumers to collect payment for past due/delinquent loans. credit cards, etc. As a Collector, you must be energetic, assertive, charismatic and able to easily handle rejection. You must also be ambitious, driven and assertive. This position requires excellent verbal interpersonal negotiation communication skills. You must also be highly detail oriented and able to multi-task. Must be a team player, cooperate well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participate in a professional manner to accomplish business goals.
• Monitor assigned queues and follow up accordingly with debtors
• Review ongoing workout plans with debtors, evaluate their needs & issues and counsel them appropriately
• Responsible for complying with federal, state & local regulations pertaining to collections and bankruptcy practices
• Applying polite and customer-service-focused communication that adheres to federal and state guidelines on each and every phone call
• Utilizing computer systems for data collection and contact information
• Attempting to collect payments with intent to prevent charge off or further delinquency
• Ensuring all customer information is correct, including phone numbers, addresses, etc.
• Following federal and state laws dealing with debt collection
• Escalating issues to the Team Lead and/or Operations Manager
• Working in a supportive, team call-center environment
« Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Great attitude with the ability to be assertive and strong analytical skills for decision-making
• Enjoy speaking on the phone with people and performing computer research
« Proficient in basic computer and keyboarding skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; effectively sharing ideas, skills and knowledge
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
» Bilingual a plus, hut not required
Education: High School Diploma required: College Degree preferred
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen