Medical Receptionist- Newark
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Primary responsibility surrounds scheduling for the office, but will include other Office Assistant responsibilities where needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Schedules appointments
- Check patient eligibility
- Answers multi line telephones and retrieves accurate messages
- Process referrals
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collects payments according to insurance requirements
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required. Call patients with normal results or orders as directed by provide
- Medical responsibilities include but are not limited to Take patient’s blood pressure, weight and height, collect urine specimen if necessary, assist Provider with any exam room procedures when necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Office Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of Completion of Medical Assistant Program – Certified MA preferred
- 1+ years of experience working as an administrative assistant or in a relevant role
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be bilingual English- Spanish
- Friendly and compassionate disposition
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of all patient records
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus
Job Number: 00137312
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Full time