Assistant Manager, Women's Basketball Operations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494369
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Athletics, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 28E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The Assistant Manager of Women’s Basketball Operations and Program Management, at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of Inspiring Greatness Together. The Assistant Manager of Women’s Basketball Operations and Program Management will provide administrative support for all Women’s Basketball program activities. The incumbent will be responsible for database management for all aspects of the program, including but not limited to recruiting, alumni relations, and fan and donor communications. The incumbent will coordinate all video efforts related to scouting, game analysis and breakdowns of practices and competition, oversee the student manager and practice player programs, and work in collaboration with the Manager of Basketball Operations on camps and clinics coordination. In addition, the incumbent will assist with annual special events (i.e. post-game receptions, donor events, alumni events, CAA tournament, etc.) In conjunction with the coaching staff, the incumbent will assist the Director of Operations and staff, with projects as assigned.
The Assistant Manager must support the athletics department’s vision of providing an excellent student-athlete experience surrounding all aspects of student-athlete support services. The staff member will work collaboratively and unified with all support staff disciplines encompassing Health, Wellness, Sports Performance and Student Development; including, but not limited to, Team Physicians, Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment Operations, Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Student Services and Student-Athlete Development Staff.
• File scouting reports that detail player assessments and provide recommendations on athlete recruitment.
• Videotape home and away athletic events as well as scouting and recruiting events.
• Coordinate streaming broadcasts and produce video content.
• Analyze opponent film and collaborate with coaches in preparation of competition strategy.
• Chart and record statistics to forecast efforts for basketball plays, student athletes and the team.
• Liaison to all video software companies.
• Post-game evaluations of referees to the CAA head of officials after each game
• Develop and implement strategic plan to enhance and simplify game scouting and recruiting software/practices.
• Proficient in scouting software and services.
• Create non-conference game schedule for program working with CAA and NCAA contacts and liaisons.
• Build strong relationships with both internal and external constituents to maintain a positive public image for the Department and University.
• Check the Women’s basketball emails daily; respond and distribute as necessary.
• Respond to all donations made to the Women’s Basketball program.
• Assist the Director of Basketball Operations with any travel arrangements necessary for the coaching staff and team travel.
• Provide oversight of logistics for practices and games.
• Oversee the Student Manager and Practice Players Program: includes recruiting and maintaining students, creating a schedule based on the team?s practice/game schedule, assigning responsibilities and tasks.
• Executes the Community Service/Outreach activities for the team.
• Create “Ball Kid” program: includes logging sign-ups, correspondence with parents, and game-day supervision.
Camps and Clinics:
• Lead liaison to Business Office for pertinent camp documentation and background check processing.
• Assist the Director of Basketball Operations with all aspects of Camp Administration.
• Assist with and promote our basketball camps and clinics.
Camp tasks vary on annual basis, but include:
• Organize and prepare purchase requests for supplies/materials necessary for camp.
• Create and prepare instructional guides and folders for campers and coaches.
• Coordinate and execute Camp Reunion Day and create periodic e-mails/newsletter throughout the season.
• Participate in activities related to on campus recruiting of prospective student-athletes, as well as off campus recruiting as requested by the Head Coach.
• Maintain recruiting database (JumpForward)
• Organize, maintain, and update all files for current and potential student athlete recruits in the computer database.
• Prepare and maintain contact lists of players and coaches.
• Work closely with recruiting coordinator to organize, create, and distribute mail-outs: These include inspirational sayings, motivational sayings, information regarding the University (i.e., housing, student body, academics, admissions, etc.).
• Provides on-site support for on-campus recruiting functions.
Special Events and Programs:
• Plan/schedule special events surrounding the program.
• Provide assistance at conference Media Days.
• Ensure confidentiality of information.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head Coach.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years relevant experience, or equivalent education and training/experience.
• Previous experience coaching or playing at the collegiate level or working in an athletic department setting preferred.
• Knowledge of NCAA recruiting policies and rules as they pertain to Women’s Basketball.
• Ability to develop and initiate new strategies, create business processes and systems, and use technology to solve problems and manage projects.
• Experience filming sports and a working knowledge of cameras, tripods, lighting, and audio equipment.
• Experience with Synergy technology and Jump Forward preferred.
• Ability to stream video broadcasts and produce video content.
• Experience with video editing software.
• Experience with social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other.
• Adept at problem solving, creating contingency plans, exercising sound judgement and handling emergencies when necessary.
• Results and detail-oriented, highly organized and in possession of strong anticipatory instincts and excellent follow through.
• Solid analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Sound judgment and mature leadership qualities that involve a high-level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-pressure environment under multiple deadlines.
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
Special Requirements: This position will require a flexible work schedule based on events including evenings, weekends and holidays. Travel with the team will be required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9rv945bbg3m9y3cc