Environmental Specialist - New Castle, DE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
- Environmental, Health & Safety
New Castle, DE, USA
NAES Corporation is an independent services company dedicated to delivering value to facilities across the power generation, oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, and manufacturing industries. For more than 35 years, we have drawn on our deep experience in advisory, operations, maintenance, fabrication, construction, engineering, compliance, technical support, asset management and energy management services to assess, build, operate and maintain sites that run safely, reliably and cost-effectively.
We operate more than 170 power plants throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico that span all technologies and provide over 41 GW of capacity. With the strength of 4000 people, our growing family of companies now addresses the entire life cycle of power generation and other industrial plants.
Responsible for the performance of a variety of technical and environmental activities, directly and by supervision, required in support of plant environmental programs/compliance, customer support, and NAES objectives. Manages and completes multiple projects of moderate and high complexity and supports broader projects and program development. Serve as NAES Environmental Support Services’ (ESS) primary contact for multiple facilities/customers.
Provide direct support, guidance and oversight to NAES facilities for environmental program development, coordination and implementation.
Provide support for existing O&M contracts/facilities as well as transitions/pre-commercial support for new facilities.
Support provision of contracted services to customers and initiatives to further NAES growth.
NOTE: the environmental scope of services provided to specific projects will be determined by contractual requirements and, as appropriate, by guidance from the Director, ESS. Required activities may include:
- Support and, as assigned, lead the development and implementation of environmental compliance management systems, “tools”, and processes both at individual facilities and “groups” of activities.
- Track, interpret, summarize and communicate applicable environmental regulations/requirements.
- Support efforts to ensure that required environmental deliverables are completed and submitted accurately and on time.
- Work with appropriate organizations and personnel to develop and implement necessary environmental permits, plans and procedures.
- Interface with plant and corporate personnel, customer and regulatory agencies to manage environmental issues.
- Manage external contractors/consultants and/or provide “project supervision” for larger scale projects as assigned.
- Assist with the preparations for and execution of project transitions and pre-commercial support.
- Assist with environmental assessments and training
- Support provision of multi-media environmental compliance assistance and consulting.
- Identify, develop, and disseminate environmental “lessons-learned”, best practices and effective tools and approaches across NAES facilities as appropriate.
- Provide environmental support as part of O&M Due Diligence activities.
- Support development and execution of initiatives to improve both specific projects’ and broader groups environmental knowledge and awareness.
- Support financial tracking and analyses of assigned projects.
- Assist and support ESS department and coworkers.
- Support Business Development and Marketing activities, including support of budget estimates and proposals for projects and services.
- Perform tasks as may be assigned by the Director, Environmental Support Services in support of NAES Corporate requirements and programs.
- Support NAES department and coworkers, including effective review, training, and participation in assigned “matrix” tasks.
NAES SAFE Safety is a core value of NAES and as a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property. Furthermore, employees must follow all NAES safety rules and procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each employee’s performance.
Normal working hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Travel may be required to meet client or project requirements. Work is performed on industrial sites when traveling, requiring protective clothing and equipment. Extended hours (approximately 60 hrs/week) may be required during travel or due to project phasing and project specific requirements.
- BS Degree in an environmental or engineering discipline with four or more years experience or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant experience with environmental compliance and environmental services
- Must have a strong technical knowledge of environmental program areas and familiarity with environmental regulatory areas applicable to industrial or energy sectors.
- Ability to communicate very well both orally and in writing.
- Organizational and customer service skills required.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and project management software.
- Multimedia, multi state experience a plus.
It is the practice of NAES to seek employees of the highest quality and to select the individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, military status or affiliation protected under USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law
Environmental Management Systems
Microsoft Office Suite
Power Plant Fundamentals
Verbal and Written Communications
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert:Considered a thought leader on a subject
Bachelors or better in Environmental Engineering or related field.
4 years:Provide direct support, guidance and oversight to NAES facilities for environmental program development, coordination and implementation.
- Licenses & Certifications
Posted: September 10, 2019