Group Exercise Instructors
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
- Principal Responsibilities:
Looking for certified Group Exercise Instructors
Looking for Group Fitness Instructors 6a-8a, 5p-8p, and Saturday mornings! We need HIIT/Boot Camp Instructor / Group Exercise Instructor.
Competitive rate. Individual Membership benefit.
The J Group Exercise Instructor will lead motivating, safe, effective classes. The ability to choreograph routines, choose appropriate music, effectively cue participants are vital to this role.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, muscular function, exercise program implementation, safe group exercise or instructional procedures, and use of related class materials and/or equipment
- Ability to provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for all participants
- Record all hours and number of participants accurately
- Lead group exercise classes according to assigned schedule and format
- Responsible for set up and break down of your class
- Engage and connect with members
- Attend and participate in all Mandatory meetings
- Able to lift 25 lbs
- Responsible for maintaining a minimum number (TBD) of participants in class
- Communicate with GEX Coordinator any issues with equipment or room
- High School Diploma or GED
- Has a current Group Exercise certification
- Holds a current CPR/AED certification
- Nationally recognized (accredited) Personal Training certification.
- CPR/AED certification
- 1-2 years of experience teaching group exercise classes
- Must be organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage time
- Must be able to work as a part of a team
- Must be able to manage conflict situations
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and be willing to seek assistance in solving problems
- Must be able to communicate well in written communication and verbally
- Must be able to cope with potentially demanding members
- Must be able to handle emergency situations
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but is intended to be a generalized description of the primary job responsibilities and expectations. Management may change the job responsibilities and expectations based on business requirements. This position description is intended to comply with all known state and federal regulations and includes accommodation re-evaluations.
- Agency Information:
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.
Date Posted: 09/10/2019
Title: Group Exercise Instructors
JCC: Siegel JCC
Location: Wilmington, DE