Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Milford, DE 19963
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
This position services and maintains electrical systems or equipment on a plant complex or facility. This will include repairs, PM’s, diagnostics, troubleshooting and emergency response on equipment.
2nd and 3rd Shift positions available.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Reads, interprets and understands manufacturer equipment manuals and electronic and electrical schematic diagrams.
2. Performs preventive maintenance as assigned. Generates and submits paperwork relative to work performed, e.g., PM (preventative maintaince) sheets, work orders and work record logs.
3. Responds to emergency breakdowns and outages during both on and off dutyhours to ensure operations continues on a 24 hour a day basis.
4. Performs all equipment repairs and daily work within OSHA regulations, lockout-tagout and company safety book guidelines.
5. Informs maintenance and production supervisors of potential problems.
6. Must wear required personal protective equipment which could include self-containing breathing apparatus.
7. Install new or refurbished equipment and maintain maximum efficiencies as established, while maintaining quality and ensuring associate and plant safety.
+ High School or equivalent.
+ 2 – 4 years experience.
+ Reading, writing, math and analytical skills required.
+ Valid drivers license (Class C) required.
+ Required skills may also include trouble shooting switches, 3 phase motor and service light fixtures and ballasts.
+ Vocational/Technical school training in electronics/computers
+ 2+ years of practical experince in electronics
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Must be able to move throughout assigned areas of responsibility carrying required equipment and tools to perform trouble shooting procedures, repairs and preventative maintenance. Must be able to reach vertical heights up to 150’ to perform repairs, preventative maintenance and monitor equipment both open and in confined spaces. Must be able to work outside in all seasonal weather, stand for 8 to 14 hours. Exposure to air born dust, chemicals, such as hexane, caustic sode, butanone, ethanol and aluminum chloride. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. May need to climb ladders.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.