Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Harbeson, DE 19951
The Supervisor performs exempt executive work such as the daily supervision of the hourly laborers and lead persons. The primary duty entails the supervision of the sanitation lead persons and laborers in designated departments/areas of our customers plants to ensure that our team is working safely, efficiently, and in compliance with regulatory agency, customer, and PSSI policies and procedures. Supervisors accept full accountability for day-to-day department/area responsibility. Supervisors are also involved in the interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining of the sanitation laborers. Supervisors are the first line for team member complaints and grievances. Supervisors work closely with the Assistant Site Manager, Site Manager, and Complex Manager in achieving objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
To be qualified for the Supervisor job, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Responsible for the daily supervision of sanitation lead persons and laborers for specific areas/departments of our customers facilities.
• Customarily and regularly directs the work of the sanitation lead persons and laborers by department/area of our customers plants.
• Apportions work assignments among the sanitation lead persons and laborers.
• Ensures sanitation lead persons and laborers work safely, efficiently, and in compliance with governmental, customer, and company policies and procedures.
• Evaluates sanitation lead persons and laborers for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Ensures that the sanitation team complies with all internal company procedures and policies, including Technical Services, Human Resources, Accounting, IT, and general customer service.
• Ensures compliance with the procedures set forth in PSSI Employee Handbook, Safety handbook, and Cleaning Procedures.
• Assists Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager implement PSSI training programs including safety training and ERP.
• Reports and investigates all accidents.