Food Safety Sanitor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Harbeson, DE 19951
The position performs sanitation labor by performing the eight steps of sanitation while understanding and complying with all food safety and safety policies and procedures. The food safety sanitor must understand how to work with necessary chemicals, work at a pace that delivers a clean plant to the customer on time and abide by company policies, including satisfactory attendance.
To be qualified to perform a food safety sanitor job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Work cooperatively with leads and PSSI management to ensure sanitation procedures are followed.
• Frequently lift hoses, equipment and chemical containers, etc.
• Wear employer-specified PPE (gloves, face shield, eye goggles, aprons, boots, safety glasses, etc.).
• Exposure to chemicals (with PPE required for the task).
• All night standing, lifting, crouching for periods at a time.
• Perform all tasks safely.
• Use Lock-out/Tag-out.
• Other duties as assigned.
JOB PERFORMANCE MEASURES
Sanitors are considered to be qualified (fully trained) when they achieve satisfactorily the following five categories:
• Eight steps of sanitation – Capable of following all the steps with detailed supervision.
• Safety – Understanding and compliance of all safety policies covered during training.
• Chemical s- Understanding of chemical types, labeling, PPE and warnings regarding to mixing chemicals.
• Pace – Work at an acceptable speed to deliver the plant on time.
• Attendance – Dependability in both: arriving and completing the work shift and compliance with attendance policy.